30 Apr 2013

Hassie Adventure - Week 5

Well it over a month and into the next. Just as I thought we would be stuck in Albany for to too long, E gets a phone call asking if he is interested in a job he applied for before our Hassie Adventure. This job he applied for is in a mountain is Tasmania.... Hell yeah!

Now its funny as on the day E got the call he was set to get a job in Albany, even if it was in a shopping centre, but as luck would have it work in Taz wanted him.

E did to interviews over the phone and they grabbed him with both hands and so did we. Its an opportunity for us to live in Tasmania and enjoy the freezing cold weather.

Now we will live on site in a house with 12 people. As I won't be working there all I have to pay for is the food. ($100) week. ?? a lot? not really since I will be getting all meals and drinks. Hopefully when there is a spot available they can employ me as casual doing whatever so that I don't get bored doing nothing.

I have been told that we will be 45min away from the closet town and there is not much reception. Its a beautiful National Park with spectacular views of a mountain range. Mountains is what I miss from my home country, here in Australia there isn't much of a thing called mountains mainly hills. So I am super exited for this part of our adventure, this is going to be fun.

For the job here in Albany I just started, It will have to be goodbyes for now. I hope they won't be all - Arghhh about me leaving so soon. I am nervous as I know how exited they were to employ me and how in need my trade is here in Albany. Working for this complany has been difficult work but its been fun going back to my roots. I have always appreciated how much work the Carers do for us nurses but its so easily forgotten how much work they really have to do, until you are doing it your self.  Makes me miss my real home (Tranby). When you get settled and get to know everyone and all the systems, it makes life so much easier to live by. Hmm soon I will be back then is back to the routine I know and love to change.

For now we are off to Tasmania and ready for a really long drive.


Total:
  • Km driven this week: 609km
  • Places of interest: Kundip Rest Area (blog up soon)
  • Paid Accommodation: None
  • $$ Spent: $303.36
  • Gas: 
    • Litres - 82.62
    • $ - $128.22
    • Places - 
      1. Albany
      2. Wellstead
      3. Ravensthorpe


No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.