24 Jun 2013

Hassie Adventure - Week 7

We have come far!! I can finally say/shout/text/type we are in Tasmania!!!! AAAHHH

Oh its been so a long exiting drive to be able to say we are save, sound and freezing in Tasmania.

So last time I wrote we were in Horsham (Victoria) since then we spent 3 days in Melbourne exploring the streets and enjoying a cuppa in the dark alleyways. When we first arrived in Melbourne I had such a bad headache I from the traffic I could not bear city life, so we stayed put at the caravan park. The next day (which was a sunday) we took a tram to the city and spend half the day lost because E was navigating us into all different directions besides the one we need to be going down. W spent most of the day catching up with friends we haven't seen for a while. I personally didn't like Melbourne at first but my second day in the city it grew on me. I don't know if it was all the tea I ended up having or the actually city that made me enjoy our time there. It really is a 'hip' city. down every ally is some little hidden coffee shop or something you can enjoy wasting your time.

Our last day in Melbourne I had to drive just about thru the city to get to the harbour for our boat trip. I thought driving thru Adelaide was stress full, wait till you drive between Trams, Busses, Trucks and cars. I know it wasn't peek hour traffic but I would have like to avoid the stress of it all COMPLETELY. E said I need to relax and just drive! Well easy said than done. He isn't the one that will be driving into a Tram or maybe drive over a person.

I am pleased to announced that trams and people in Melbourne were not harmed while I was behind the wheel.

On a different note - E and I took the ferry to Tasmania, although its more like a ship. It was 11 hours on the boat. Before we actually took off it too us 2 and half ours to get our car on the boat. I can't believe it look us that long. I wanted to take pictures on top of the boat and inside but by the time we got on the boat it was already dark. Hopefully when were on our way to the 'main land' again I get the opportunity.

Docking in Tasmania, we both stopped at McDonalds (and not, its not because were addicted its because it was the only thing open at 6:30am in the morning). Thats the truth in Tasmania anyway.

We drove to Perth and stayed in Campbell Town for the night - firstly yes there is a Perth in Tasmania, very confusing and we stopped at Campbell Town because well you guys know that reason. Then the next day we drove to Hobart then slept in Hamelton. While in Hobart we actually got a parking ticket... Argh ... annoying - I think that because we have Western Australian number plates and that we drive a van - we are easy targets. Not fare!!  Well $32 later we paid it.

Well we drove 5 hours from one side of Tasmania to the other to located in Cradle Mountain. It is out of your mind beautiful here!!

Total:

  • Km driven this week: 824
  • Places of Interest: 
    1. Giant Koala
    2. Melbourne City
    3. National Art Galley (Melbourne)
    4. Spirt Of Tasmania (ferry)
    5. Perth, Tasmania
    6. Campbell Town
    7. Cradle Mountain Lodge
  • Paid Accommodation:
    1. Melbourne BIG4 Holiday Park ($54p/night)
    2. Spirit Of Tasmania ($249p/p)
    3. Hamilton Camping Facility ($5)
  • $$ Spent: $1092.15
  • Gas: 
    • Litres - 104.80
    • $ - 163.96
    • Places:
      1. Melbourne
      2. Perth
      3. Hobart
      4. Queenstown

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.