19 Nov 2013

Waitress


I have done something I never thought I would ever do. I have always avoided it due English being my second language and that I always freeze when I have to make conversation to people I have nothing in common with. Here on the Mountain I put my hand up when they needed waitresses and said I will give it a try, and I love it. 

Naturally I was nervous but as soon as I got an understanding on how things work, I cruised thru my first few shifts.

The next challenge was working behind the bar - Since I don't really drink much, if any alcohol, I found it very difficult to understand what the customers we're asking for. Few shifts in behind the bar and I have a bit of a hand on the drinks. 

I have set myself a goal to try each drink on the shelfs then for myself I have tried some drinks other than water. I don't want to turn in to an alcoholic but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I am Very proud of myself. 


                     

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.